Monday, November 17, 2008

Extra Fancy

You're probably wondering what I've been doing lately. "What are you thinking about, Kendall?" is what you're saying to yourselves. Well, I'll tell you what I've been thinking about, and it's not very many things, so don't be disappointed.

1) The thing I am thinking about most of the time is thermodynamics of adsorption of anionic and nonionic surfactant mixtures. Seriously. I'm in the middle of writing a paper. And it's taking much longer than I thought it would. Hopefully I'll be done with it by the end of this week, but I am writing a blog post instead of writing the paper right now, so ...

2) Failure rate data (is this mentioned only because some of the guys from work stumbled across my blog? ... perhaps, perhaps). Right now at the internship I'm collecting data from everywhere on how often pipes and valves and pressure vessels and pretty much everything fails (in tiny ways, in small ways, in very large catastrophic ways--it's pretty interesting).

3) Whatever it is that I'm supposed to be doing for whatever class I'm in ...

4) The new bond movie that was friggin awesome! I love Bond.

5) What countries I'd like to visit/live in. I'll start with all of them on the list, and then stop dreaming and maybe see if I can actually pull off a few. I'm looking into Engineers without Borders as well as the Peace Corps. Anyone know any other programs like this?

6) What I'm going to eat next ... it's not that I don't have anything to eat, it's just that sometimes I forget that food is important ... yeah, it's been that kind of month.

Oh yeah, and at the grocery store today I found 2 different items that were labeled 'Extra Fancy.' Ooh la la. One of them was a bag of rice. really. white, long grain, rice. sigh. and the other item was a bag of granny smith apples, but there were no other granny smith apples in the store, so if there were other kinds that were less fancy than these, they were sold out before the 'extra fancy' which makes me wonder if there's really anything fancy about them at all ...

I think I should change the name of my blog to Extra Fancy Polymers are just a bunch of Extra Fancy mers.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 21, 2008 at 6:12 PM , Blogger tiGGlet said...

seriously, there is an Engineers without Boarders? I only knew of Doctors without Boarders (some french group) ... It does sound like a good way to travel :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home