Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted!

I don't know what it is about those little white stickers with the American flag on them, but I really love them. They say "Hey! Look at me! I'm a patriot!" and it's a situation where it's OK to boast! It says: I just voted, and it's cool that we can do that, and it's cool to do it! And it's completely free, and very easy. You just go to your polling place, and pull a lever or punch a card or draw a line or fill in a circle, and you did it! And you get a nice little sticker to tell everyone you did it, too . . . Only I forgot to get mine :-(. I was so psyched about the sticker, but I was so much more psyched to be actually voting that I forgot all about it. Damned sticker. I'm so disappointed, that I might have to make one all on my own. I actually sat outside in my car thinking about going back in to get a sticker ... that's how much I like this sticker.

So I voted, and then I went to Starbucks to get my free cup of coffee just for voting. Turns out you don't need the sticker to get a free cup of coffee. Just go tell them you voted and they'll give you a free cup of coffee. It's good coffee, too!

Today will be exciting. I hope everyone's ready. I should have had a party. What was I thinking? I'm a little disappointed that I can't watch election results in real-time anymore. That made it a bit more fun, but I guess this is better (better? maybe for people who trust news agencies. silly people). Anyway I hope you all have a great day, and I'll sooo be watching CNN tonight after the polls close on the East Coast.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At November 4, 2008 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Alisha said...

Why can't you watch in real time?

 
At November 4, 2008 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Kendall said...

because they're not allowed to report on exit polls until the polls close. Because silly people thought Al Gore was winning, so they didn't go vote in florida

 
At November 4, 2008 at 3:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They weren't even handing out stickers at my location.

Another interesting part of this election: there's always been people with signs right outside the "no-signs zone"...but this time: no one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home